The Liebell Clinic: Chronic Pain
& Wellness Solutions
Donald K. Liebell, D.C., B.C.A.O
477 Viking Drive Suite 170
Virginia Beach VA 23452
8:30AM - 6:30PM M,W,F,
(and by Special Appointment Tues, Sat)
No Side Effects...
Just Help for People
Who Suffer the
of Lyme Disease
& Other Tick-Triggered Illness (After All Else Has Failed)
I'm here to help, and I'll be glad to answer your questions.
Please type your first name in the box on the contact form. Check the box to receive email updates to give me permission to correspond to you by email, and type your question in the message box, thanks. I respond to questions in the order I receive them, usually within 1-3 business days.
My responses are for general information
only, and must not be considered as advice
for specific medical treatment or diagnosis.
For appointments, please call my office at: (757) 631-9799. Your email address or other information is confidential; I will never share it with anyone, nor will it be used for any form of solicitation. I look forward to your questions!
Why Do Sufferers of the Chronic Effects
of Lyme Disease Seek My Care?
Obviously, great results is the #1 reason sufferers of chronic Lyme want my treatment, which various testimonial letters on this website document. But I'm sure you'd like to know what is different about me, and my treatment methods.
You may be surprised to learn that the Virginia Board of Medicine prohibits any doctor from claiming superiority over another. And I never make such a claim. It is however, an indisputable fact that I provide a combination of several effective, but extremely rare health services, which to my knowledge are not provided by any other practitioner.
The term, genius is too frequently used these days.
I am certainly not one. However, I have studied the works
of several true medical/scientific geniuses, and pursued
expertise in the methods they developed, combined with
my own personal touch. I take credit only for my willingness
and effort to provide outstanding healthcare. My wife, Sheila's
life depended upon it, as perhaps does yours too.
This is part of what has attracted people for my services:
Having been been frequently asked why chronic Lyme sufferers (and other people) seek my care, I have, in turn, asked my patients to help me give answers, since it is THEIR opinion that counts.
I've written this article, in addition to separate ones for each of the treatment methods (and others) mentioned above. I appreciate my patients for their feedback, which has always helped me to help others have a chance for a better quality of life.
In Addition to the #1 Reason, RESULTS...
Here's the Top 10 reasons (in no special order)
Why Chronic Lyme Disease Sufferers Seek My Care:
1) I am open-minded and NOT an extremist: Patients have appreciated that although I practice exclusively drugless and non-surgical methods... I believe in an integrative health care model, which includes the opinions, testing, and treatment from doctors of ALL disciplines and philosophies of health. My treatments are all compatible with those of traditional Western medicine. Some Lyme sufferers seek my care as their sole approach to wellness. Others prefer to seek multiple professionals, and take prescription drugs in addition to my treatment. Whatever works for you is fine with me!
2) No "Cure-All" Claims: Truth in advertising is one of my most cherished beliefs. If I accept you as a patient, I will simply tell you that I think I can help. No outrageous promises or guarantees. No "one size fits all" or "cookie-cutter" treatment that promises to be the "end all, cure all."
Can doctors who diagnose Lyme, and prescribe antibiotics as the treatment legitimately make such a statement?
I won't be able to know for sure if you will have success with my care. I wish I could be certain. I won't be able to predict how fast, or how much improvement you will be able to achieve. People of a wide range of ages, and degrees of illness respond at unpredictable rates.
However, if I do accept you as a patient... I will give you realistic hope... and I will confidently EXPECT your success. After all, there are two things at stake: your health... and my reputation.
3) Your chronic Lyme and related symptoms are taking seriously: At no time will I tell you that your symptoms are psychosomatic (all in your head), nor will you be told to "live with the pain" because nothing can be done. Nor will your age or your weight be used as an excuse to blame you for your condition. Too many patients have told me that a doctor has told them this lazy, cop-out of an excuse for inability to find solutions.
4) SAFETY.... SAFETY... SAFETY: No treatment is without some risk. However, I am proud to use treatments that to my knowledge, have unparalleled safety... Using primarily homeopathy, which has no known side effects assures this.
5) Human Decency, Respect, Personal Attention, and TLC: It is not a coincidence that The Liebell Clinic has the initials, TLC. When you choose me to help you recover from symptoms of chronic Lyme, you become a respected and cared for member of our family. You are NOT a name and number. You will enter a solid relationship with a doctor and staff who will go the "extra mile" for you... to help you get well, after all else has failed... after others have treated you harshly, hurt your feelings, called you "crazy," and told you "nothing can be done."
6) A whole-body, total health approach: Patients know that I acknowledge the symptoms categorized into the medically accepted diagnosis of chronic Lyme disease. However, they also understand and appreciate that I do NOT treat the diagnosis; I treat the patient. It is clear that those who come to see me are not those who accept the antibiotic approach as a healthy solution.
7) The "No Ego Zone" -- a doctor who listens, and respects YOU, your health opinions, feedback and requests: Ask me anything... tell me anything. I'm going to listen and respect you as part of our team, which has the simple and single goal of restoring your health and improving your quality of life as much as humanly possible. The Liebell Clinic is not about me... it's about YOU (But please forgive me for naming it after myself... it's what makes the initials TLC work!).
8) Access to top experts - Advisory Board: Although I'm a sole practitioner, I have relationships with experts in various disciplines, who serve as my advisors to assist me upon need. Click HERE to learn about the Liebell Clinic Medical Advisory Board.
9) Minimal Waiting Times: I don't like to be late, and I don't like my time wasted. I value your time as much as my own. We run a "tight ship" and do NOT overbook our schedule. Many medical offices schedule 2 or more people in the same time slot. We actually underbook our schedule. This keeps waiting time for appointments minimal... and face-to-face doctor-patient time maximal.
10)I perform ALL examination & treatment myself: You don't play waiting room and treatment room "musical chairs"... seeing a physician assistant, waiting more, and finally seeing the doctor for a couple of minutes. I want things done right, and I do it myself. My office is small; but our chronic Lyme disease recovery patient family is large. My wonderful assistant, Barbara, and Sheila (my wife and office manager) do all the right things that enable me to give you the attention you really need.
Copyright 2014-2018© Dr. Donald Liebell. All rights reserved.
The information and statements contained in this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The contents of this website are for informational purposes only are is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Your reliance on any information provided by Dr. Liebell’s website, any referenced parties is solely at your own risk. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard medical advice, or delay seeking medical advice or treatment, because of information contained in this website. This website expresses Dr. Liebell's health care views, and describes wellness-based, natural treatment methods, and must not be misconstrued as direct treatment advice—it is information only. Dr. Liebell does NOT treat infectious disease, nor does he claim to have a cure for "post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome" or chronic Lyme disease; he provides natural, drug-free, wellness-promoting treatments from which patients have cited recovery.